Wonderfully simple and free from any artificial flavors, quench your thirst with this homemade grape juice.
By Nisa Homey
- Grapes: 1 kg
- Sugar: 1 to 1-1/2 cups, remember the grapes are sweeter, you can also increase later if you would like to.
- Lemon: 1.
- Water: About 1½ cup.
- Wash and clean the grapes and remove them from the stem, put it in a vessel preferably steel and pour water into it and add the sugar.
- Bring it to a boil.....careful, it will spill over!! Simmer the fire and let it stay on low flame for 20-25 min and in between stir it with a spoon....you can see the color beginning to change to red.
- Switch off the fire after about 25 min, the syrup will be a little thick and see the color of the juice...You need to let the juice cool down....you can also check the sugar, if you feel like you need to add a bit more you can, about half a cup at this stage and just do not forget to stir with a spoon.
- Once it is cool down put it in a blender, and pulse 1 or 2 times, the reason I am stressing on 1 or 2 times is we do not want the seeds to be ground because they will give out a sour taste....so remember just a pulse or two or three at the most.
- Pour it into a sieve and press with a spoon....discard the skin and seeds......you will get this nice dark ruby colored syrup or squash. Now add in the juice of 1 lemon and mix well. Store in the freezer, and use when needed.
- Pour into a glass and add chilled water......Enjoy your homemade juice!