These guilt-free “fries” marinate for a full 24 hours, meaning you have to plan ahead but the wait is well worth it.
By Ariel Rebel
Carrot French Fries
These guilt-free "fries" marinate for a full 24 hours, meaning you have to plan ahead but the wait is well worth it.
Author: Ariel Rebel
Recipe Type: Side
- Fresh Carrots, slices in fries shape
for the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of mirin
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ teaspoon of grilled sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- One day in advance, mix all the marinade ingredients together starting by the boiling water and the sugar to make sure it dissolved properly, then everything else. Add your carrots and reserve in the fridge over night.
- The next day, pre-heat your oven at 375.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum paper and bake the fries for 25-30 minutes.
- Make sure you come back every 10 minutes to rotate the fries to make sure they don’t stick to the aluminium paper and so they grill on all side.