This is a lot cheesier than your average coleslaw, but that, along with the crunchy flake of the almonds, is the whole appeal.
By Louisa Allan
- ½ a savoy cabbage, finely grated(I use a mandolin for this)
- 100g flaked almonds, toasted
- 80g parmesan, finely grated
- 3 cups of parsley leaves, plus a few extra for garnish
- 2 slices of sourdough, cut into 5 mm pieces and toasted
- ½ a red onion, finely sliced
- 2 egg yolks
- 1-2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 3 tsp of dijon
- 1 cup of light olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt or cream
- Make the dressing first. Whisk the egg yolks, mustard and vinegar together in a medium sized bowl. Continue to whisk as you very slowly add the oil, drop by drop. When all the oil has been used and it’s nice n’ thick, season, mix the yoghurt in and set aside.
- Place the cabbage, onion and parsley leaves in a big bowl. Add half of each of the cheese, nuts and breadcrumbs. Toss really well.
- Pour the dressing over and toss really well again. Top with the remaining nuts, breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley leaves. Serve immediately, you want the bread crumbs good and crunchy!