Use up the rest of the season’s zucchini in this spiralized dish served with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, bacon and basil.
Recipe by Daniel Green
Peter Cassidy Copyright © 2016
- 4 zucchini
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 6slices Canadian bacon, trimmed of all fat and thinly sliced
- 1clove garlic, crushed
- ¾cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and sliced into strips
- 1small red chile, finely chopped
- 1tablespoon pine nuts
- A handful of fresh basil, thinly shredded
- Make your spaghetti by either grating the zucchini at an angle on the largest side of a cheese grater or using a hand-held julienne peeler or spiralizer.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat and stir-fry the zucchini for 3 minutes. Add the bacon to the pan and sauté for a few minutes until cooked. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, chile, pine nuts, and the remaining olive oil to the pan. Toss for a few minutes, then take off the heat.
- Divide the spaghetti between four bowls, sprinkle with the basil, and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Paleo Monday to Friday © 2016 by Daniel Green, Kyle Books
This article has been posted with permission and originally appeared as, “Zucchini Noodles with Bacon and Basil” on Relish.