Healthy, simple and quick, veggie pizzas or flatbreads are a favorite family dinner. Try this recipe with refreshing toppings.
I love to use seasonal products, so we can always enjoy fresh local produce. My favourite combinations are: mushrooms and garlic with asparagus, red and green pepper, tomato and basil, and… zucchini with red onion. Yummy and healthy, isn’t that the best recipe ever?
I tend to have a ready rolled pizza dough on the fridge. Of course, I could make the dough myself, but I don’t usually have time for that, and there’re tons of quality lactose-free options available at the supermarket. Besides, it’s also a very good option when I have friends round: I bake two or three different versions, and serve them in small rectangular pieces. Clean, healthy and delicious finger food.
- 1 thin rectangular ready rolled pizza dough (low-fat lactose-free)
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 1 small green pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of Spanish extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven 180 º C.
- Wash and slice the zucchinis evenly.
- Peel and slice the onion and green pepper.
- Roll out the dough and place over a lined tray.
- Sprinkle the spices on the dough: thyme, chilli and any other you like.
- Place the zucchini, onion and pepper on the dough. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.