A refreshing salad from London restaurant, The Refinery, complete with feta and simple ingredients for a perfect seasonal combination of flavors.
By Valentina Mariani
This salad was first tried in the amazing restaurant The Refinery in London, a one-of-a-kind place in the city where you can find the perfect treat, from creative cocktails to boutique beers and fine wines.
Here lunchtimes can be as quick or as languid as you like, and this is the perfect dish for the ones who want to stay in shape while tasting amazing flavors and fresh ingredients. The preparation is quite easy to do at home.
- 1 large zucchini
- Organic quinoa x 50g (1.7 ounces)
- Feta cheese x 50g (1.7 ounces)
- Quarter of a lemon
- Head of little gem lettuce
- One pomegranate
- Cherry tomatoes x 40g (1.4 ounces)
- Watermelon chunks x 50g (1.7 ounces)
- Handful of torn basil
- Extra virgin olive oil x 50ml (1.6 fluid ounces)
- Boil the quinoa in vegetable stock until cooked and then drain and allow to cool
- Slice the courgette lengthways and grill.
- Chop the watermelon, tomatoes, little gem and feta
- Squeeze the lemon and mix with the olive oil, season with salt & pepper
- Cut the pomegranate in half and spoon out the flesh.
- Mix all the ingredients and present in a bowl
Gemini with ascendants in Lion (enough said?). Red hair, horse rider and lover, fortune-teller and a little bit witch, but also traveller and photographer! She loves black and white pictures, ancient and forgotten cinemas and the sea. She'd like to live in a forest, (but now she lives in London). As a Lion, she loves meat (both cooked and raw), sushi and salads. As a Gemini, she loves cooking without weighting the ingredients. Valentina's masterpiece in kitchen is her famous pear and chocolate tard! If she was an animal, she would be a horse. If she was a cat, she would be a chocolate souffle, filled with raspberry cream!