SPONSORED: We get excited about good food and great ingredients, so we’ve teamed up with Divine Flavor to bring you delicious recipes for each season made with their fresh produce.
With blended cashews, this creamy cauliflower and sweet pepper bake is a feast for the eyes and the tastebuds while still being dairy-free.
I love tribelli peppers! I also love baked cauliflower.
Which is probably why this recipe tastes absolutely amazing to me! Not only does it smell incredible, it also looks super pretty. Adding these bright peppers, to a usually boring white winter dish, adds a fun pop of colour that everyone will enjoy.
The tribelli peppers make this common comfort food dish way more exciting! How could you not love these festive colours!
This recipe is one hundred percent gluten free and dairy free, just like all my other recipes. There is something about creating a common dish with a healthier spin, that makes my heart jump for joy. I love being able to enjoy a classic meal, that doesn’t hurt my stomach after eating it! And no guilt – the best way to eat!
This cauliflower bake is loaded with golden cauliflower, and a creamy + garlicky + dairy free sauce.. all baked to perfection with soft and pretty tribelli peppers. What makes this recipe so creamy is the cashews! I know shocking right?! It is like a thick cashew milk.
I added in nutritional yeast to make it taste more “cheesy”. This is an mouth watering trick I learned while attempting to go vegan last year! Nutritional yeast is a great additive for all former cheese lovers!
This is definitely one of those recipes you want to whip out at a family dinner to impress everyone with your healthy, yet delicious, cooking skills. It is one of those recipes you want to have a family dinner party just so you can make it.. And the best part of this recipe is you can easily make an extra large dish of it to ensure you have left overs for the next few days! I had left overs for three days that last time I made this recipe. It is the perfect side dish to so many meals!
Here are some of the great pairings I enjoyed with this recipe:
– Sweet Maple Salmon
– Thai Spring Rolls
– Quinoa Enchiladas
– Veggie Burgers
The other thing that I want to mention that makes this recipe amazing is that it is low carb! For anyone who is on a Keto diet, this recipe is one you can eat everyday!
I used Tribelli peppers from Divine Flavor. They’re stunning and so crunchy and satisfying. Find them at your local grocery store.
Vegan: Creamy Cauliflower and Sweet Pepper Bake
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 cups cauliflower
- 1 cup of chopped tribelli peppers
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup cashews blended with 1 cup water
- 1 tsp of pink salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped green chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees bake.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until the onion is soft. Add the cauliflower, tribelli peppers, and the water. Cover with a lid and simmer on low for about 10 minutes (or until the cauliflower is semi softened).
- Add cashew cream, pink salt, oregano, and nutritional yeast.
- Remove lid and bring to a boil for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken the creamy cashew sauce.
- Add mixture to a baking dish. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until lightly golden on surface. Remove and cool for approx 10 minutes so you don't burn yourself!
- Sprinkle with chives and serve!
Hi, I'm Nikki! I share my healthy dairy+gluten free recipes, life projects, and adventures around the world on my blog Nikki's Plate!