A Willy Wonka inspired meatball that combines the flavors of three delicious Thanksgiving Day foods: turkey, stuffing and cranberry.
By Sherron Watson
Do you remember the Three Course Chewing gum: tomato soup, roast beef and blueberry pie? Don’t worry you won’t turn into a huge cranberry but you can taste the blended flavors of turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce.
I hope you enjoy this twist on a quick turkey day meal.
- 1 pound of ground turkey, thawed
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped fine
- ½ cup celery, chopped fine
- 2 cups of boxed cornbread stuffing
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of cream cheese, not too soft
- ½ cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of cranberry sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs or panko crumbs
- Combine the turkey, onion, celery, dried stuffing and salt in a bowl. Let the turkey meat sit in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and cranberry sauce. Let chill in the refrigerator until the turkey/stuffing mix is ready.
- Remove both bowls from refrigerator and start making the meatballs.
- In your hand, place a scoop of turkey meat mixture and flatten; add a small spoonful of cheese mixture. Shape into a ball. Set aside.
- Once all large meatballs are made, beat the egg in a small bowl and in a separate bowl, add breadcrumbs.
- Roll the meatballs in the egg and then the breadcrumbs place in a baking dish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with warm cranberry sauce.
Sherron Watson is a writer and photographer. Her passion for food started at a young age while working with her family in their restaurant business. A career in photography gave her the experience she needed to start capturing images of her favorite dishes. This led to the creation of her blog: simply-gourmet.com. She is currently a food writer for Capital Style Magazine in Annapolis, MD.