This is a great hearty, casual meal to enjoy with friends or just while you’re wrapping up gifts this season.
By Abby Himes
This is a great, and comforting winter turkey chili.
Author: Abby Himes
Recipe Type: Main Course
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (Fire Roasted if possible)
- 1 can Kidney Beans, drained
- 1 can Pork & Beans
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced or 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- Cheese or sour cream for topping, optional
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add the vegetable oil and warm over high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the chopped onions and jalapeno (add fresh mushrooms now, add canned later) and cook until the onion is just starting to turn translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and pork and beans and stir well. Mix in the chili powder and cumin. Cover and let simmer for 10-15 m