Luscious bites, these meatballs are filled with a cherry tomato and asiago cheese.
They are not quite a popper appetizer, but more of a knife and fork dish. From the luscious interior to the crunchy exterior these little meatballs filled with tomato and cheese are delicious.
- 4 mild Italian sausage
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese finely grated
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- canola oil
- Cut the top off of the cherry tomatoes and core them. Stuff in a small amount of grated asiago cheese. Repeat for all of the tomatoes.
- Remove the sausage meat from the casing. Pinch off a small amount and flatten it out into a disc. Place the tomato on the disc and wrap the sausage meat around the tomato.
- Have three dishes ready to roll the meatball in. First one with flour, salt and pepper to taste. Second with 2 beaten eggs. Third with panko, the rest of the asiago cheese, bread crumbs and salt and pepper. Now roll the meatball first in the flour then egg and finishing off in the panko mixture.
- Heat 2? of canola oil in a wok and deep fry to golden brown. Serve with salsa. Yummo!!!!
Cooking, baking and entertaining have been a lifelong passion for me. I started at a very young age to bake and cook for my family. Even attempting many of Julia Child’s recipes as a young teenager and cooking meals for the family or for company. Now I love entertaining and celebrating the holidays. My husband Ken loves being in the kitchen creating right along with me. Our daughter has been doing cooking classes with me for a number of years and also enjoys everything that the kitchen has to offer.