Tangy lemon, creamy chevre, crisp kale, fresh zucchini, caramelized tomatoes and a thin flat bread is all you need to get the party started.
By Carolyng Gomes
Flat breads are delicious, and just as easy to make as a pizza. I actually use the same crust!
- ½ ball whole wheat pizza dough
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp chèvre, goat cheese
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ cup chopped kale leaves, packed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup shredded pernil, packed
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray baking pan with olive oil and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough (only half of package) on a lightly floured surface until it is about 10-12 inches in length and 6-8 inches in width. transfer dough to baking sheet.
- Press dough down with finger tips to create divots all over the dough. Bake for 8 minutes, until bottom is crispy but top has not browned.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor combine red pepper flakes, chèvre, lemon juice, kale and olive oil. Process until a smooth green cream forms.
- Top warm flatbread evenly with ½ pesto mix.
- Layer tomato and zucchini evenly on top.
- Sprinkle pernil over flatbread and transfer back to the oven, baking for another 5 minutes until pesto bubbles, the veggies cook through and the pernil is burned at the tips.