A deliciously comforting recipe from the Campbell Family. Read more recipes from the Wildwood Family Cookbook here. Bon Appetit!
The Campbell Family's Pumpkin Bread
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two loaf pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon and cloves.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend sugar, oil and eggs. Stir in pumpkin. Slowly blend the flour mixture into pumpkin mixture. While blending the mixture add water incrementally. Pour the batter into two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 90 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.