This salad is full of bold flavors thanks to red curry paste, creamy cashews and an almond dressing. A perfect way to dress up tempeh and cabbage into a fun salad.
Thanks to the red curry paste this salad has quite a bit of spice kick to it mellowed out by the creamy cashews and almond oil in the dressing. It was exactly what I needed after spending the drizzly and cold weekend hosting a garage sale. Check the ingredients label on your red curry paste if you want to make it vegan and shellfish-free.
It’s full of bold flavours and a little spice kick from the red curry paste. You might call it a superfood salad – there is so much goodness in it. It keeps for a couple of days in the fridge so you can take leftovers for lunch. If there are any.
Tempeh and Cabbage SaladMartyna Angell
- 200 g tempeh
- 1 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/4 head cabbage
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 bunch bunch fresh coriander
- 1 sprig spring onion
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons almond oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Cut tempeh into bite-sized chunks, place in a bowl and mix with the red curry paste. Shred cabbage, peel and dice the avocado then drizzle it with 1 teaspoon apple cider to prevent it from going brown.
- In a small frying pan, dry toast the cashews over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, tossing often. Finely chop the coriander and spring onion.
- Mix the remaining apple cider vinegar, almond oil and sesame seeds together to make a dressing. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together well. Allow the salad to sit in the fridge for 15 minutes before serving.
Martyna is a Polish-born Australian recipe developer and food blogger. Her creativity and passion for good food shines through in many of the delicious and easy to prepare meals which she cooks, styles and photographs for her blog, Wholesome Cook. Fresh cream-filled eclairs are her only weakness.