Here is a lovely easy-to-make flavorful stir-fry with baby bella mushrooms recipe. Truly delightful.
By Rinku Bhattacharya
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds (my addition)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 or 2 coarsely crushed red chilies
- 1 medium sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pods of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thickly sliced or quartered baby bella mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped chives (my addition)
- ½ lime (my addition)
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about 1 minute and add in the mustard seeds and the cumin seeds and wait until the mustard seeds begin to crackle.
- Add in the dried red chilies and the red onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until the onions wilt and begin to turn slightly crisp at the edges.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for another 4 minutes, adding in the salt.
- Add in the ground black pepper and the cilantro and chives and mix well.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and serve. This dish makes a wonderful side dish with almost anything.
Rinku Bhattacharya, is a teacher of Indian Cooking and the author of the blog, Spice Chronicles. A busy working mother Rinku is committed to offering a practical approach of flavorful, everyday cooking often with an Indian Accent. An author of three cookbooks, Instant Indian, Classic Foods for Every Region of India made easy in the Instant Pot, Spices and Seasons, Simple, Sustainable. Indian Flavors and The Bengali Five Spice Chronicles.Rinku’s passion for food starts with cooking and trying new recipes and extends to pairing and drinking wine with food and trying usual combinations by fusing various culinary influences.Rinku and her family are very committed to a sustainable lifestyle, and she uses mostly local produce for her recipes. She is joined in this effort by her husband who is an avid gardener and her children, Deepta and Aadi.