If you can’t get your hands on smoky chipotle sauce, feel free to use (gluten-free) Worcestershire sauce with ¼ tsp smoky paprika.
By Martyna Candrick
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice from ¼ lemon
- 12-15 large cooked peeled prawns (about 500g [2lb] unpeeled, or 250g 1lb] peeled)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1-2 sprigs coriander, roots trimmed and the rest chopped finely (or parsley if you prefer)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 tbsp smokey chipotle chilli sauce
- Mash avocado with lemon juice. Spread on serving plate.
- Chop peeled prawns into three chunks. Mix together with diced tomato, finely chopped springs of corisnder (or parsley if you prefer), lime juice, finely chopped red onion and hot chipotle chilli sauce. To serve: top avocado mash with prawn salsa.
- Drizzle over with extra chipotle sauce if you like the extra heat.
- Serve chilled with corn chips, crackers, pita bread, lettuce wraps or on it’s own.
Martyna is a Polish-born Australian recipe developer and food blogger. Her creativity and passion for good food shines through in many of the delicious and easy to prepare meals which she cooks, styles and photographs for her blog, Wholesome Cook. Fresh cream-filled eclairs are her only weakness.