This creamy pudding is a perfect treat even plain, but you can turn it into an elegant dessert by adding some extra ingredients like nuts, fresh or dried fruit, lemon zest or orange zest.
By Zerrin Gunaydin
Do you like rice pudding? It is one of the simplest cold desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth in summer. You just need 3 ingredients to make an easy rice pudding: milk, rice and sugar. This creamy pudding is a perfect treat even plain, but you can turn it into an elegant dessert by adding some extra ingredients like nuts, fresh or dried fruit, lemon zest or orange zest.
- ½ cup rice
- 1 kilo milk
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tbsp grated orange zest, a little extra for topping
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Put water and rice in a pot and boil until rice becomes slightly tender.
- Pour 1 kilo milk into it and boil until rice is cooked well.
- Add in sugar when rice is cooked and cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- It is done when it becomes creamy.
- Add in raisins and orange zest and mix with a spoon.
- Share it into small bowls and let it reach room temperature.
- Sprinkle some extra orange zest on the top.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour and serve cold.
Zerrin Gunaydin is a food blogger living in Turkey. She loves to share recipes mainly from Turkish cuisine on her blog Give Recipe. Zerrin is trying to inform people around the world about Turkish cuisine, which has a very large repertoire with its various kind of dishes.