Simple salmon patties formed with onion, parsley, panko and a garlic and basil aioli that tops the bun as well. Serve with grilled pineapple slices for a smokey-sweet addition.
By Dan George
These Salmon Burgers are an easy and fresh weeknight dinner that the whole family will love.
Salmon is kind of a stretch for me. I like fish but salmon was definitely a fish I had to learn to like.
But these Salmon Burgers are so good – even if you think you don’t like salmon you’re going to love them. The best part about these burgers is the garlic basil mayonnaise. The more you put on there the better. It kind of goes along the same lines as a tarter sauce on fish – but this mayo is so much better. It not only goes on top of the burger but is mixed in with the salmon too.
The burgers come together easily, just mix salmon into a bowl with eggs, onion, parsley, panko, lemon zest and the garlic basil mayonnaise.
Canned salmon is totally fine for these burgers, but we’ve also made them with a piece of leftover fresh salmon too.
- 13 oz. canned salmon
- 2 eggs
- ½ red onion diced fine
- ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 T. parsley, chopped
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and then juiced
- 4 T. Garlic Basil Mayonnaise, recipe link above
- 2 T. canola oil
- 4 Hamburger buns
- 4 pineapple rings
- lettuce for topping the burgers
- Add the salmon, eggs, onion, panko, parsley, salt, pepper, lemon zest and garlic basil mayonnaise to a bowl.
- Mix gently to combine and form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet with 2 T. canola or vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Place the salmon burgers into the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Carefully turn to the other side and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- After the burgers come out of the pan, place the four slices of pineapple in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Place each burger on a bun and top with grilled pineapple, lettuce and more garlic basil mayonnaise.