Restaurant Impero in Sizzano is a place you wish you could stumble on
A family-run restaurant is a favourite for locals in Novara, with regular guests popping in for lunch and dinner to eat what Chef Paola Naggi has created for the day.
Restaurant Impero has a strong family legacy, Chef Paola learnt how to cook from her mother and now with her sister running the dining room, are a restaurant worth traveling for. Chef Paola is modest but definitely knows how to cook and can rival those in the Michelin world. Her recipes are tasty but hearty, no-fuss but delicious, a true destination for people who want great Italian food with even better company. Go for traditional dishes from the region and speak to the lovable chef Paola and her sister, Emanuela, they are a true gem from Novara
A recipe I loved was ROTOLO DI PASTA BISCOTTO, a delicious soft roll made with spinach and served with a light but creamy yogurt sauce – simple but completely reminiscent of a great chef in a beautiful country-side Novara town.
- 4 eggs
- 150 gr smooth butter
- 75 gr flour
- 200 gr spinach (boiled and squeezed)
- 1 egg
- 25 gr Parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- 125 gr yogurt
- 20 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice, salt
- Beat the egg whites until stiff; in the meanwhile, melt the butter, then add it to the egg yolks, the flour and the egg white. Roll out the dough on a baking tray, put in oven for 7 minutes at 170°
- For the filling:
- Whisk the spinach with the Parmesan, the egg, the salt and the nutmeg. When the dough is ready put on the filling and roll up
- Mix the yogurt, the lemon juice and the salt.
- Cut the roll, still tepid, into slice and serve it on the yogurt sauce