A perfect side dish for the coldest days ahead, these roasted vegetables are anything but ordinary when tossed in an orange-thyme vinaigrette.
After roasting several cups of fall veggies I tossed them in a refreshing vinaigrette with a hint of orange and thyme. This combo made me swoon! I could not get enough. What I I love most about this is dish, aside from being so healthy, is that you can literally serve it any way you want. I used the leftovers to top my salad the next day for lunch and it was beyond delish.
Speaking of healthy delicious meals have you all heard Oprah has a new line of Microwavable foods? As much as I love Oprah I’m not sure about this – frozen cauliflower mash or butternut mac n cheese? I think homemade would be just as easy affordable and a lot more flavorful. This is one of my favorite butternut squash mac n cheese recipes.
You can serve this straight out of the oven warm or at room temperature. You could also use whatever fall veggies you love. I think beets and/or Brussels sprouts would be so good. Anyway will be quite amazing!
Roasted Vegetables and Orange-Thyme VinaigretteJenna Edmiston
- 3 cups assorted fall veggies I used red onion, rutabaga, parsnip, butternut squash and cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper heavy sprinkle of both
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves removed from stem
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange muscat champagne vinegar I used trader joes brand
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Wash, dry and chop veggies into bite sized pieces.
- On a large baking sheet combine veggies, olive oil and salt and pepper until all veggies are covered.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes flipping half way through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Remove from oven and toss with the vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately or let sit to cool. Store leftovers in air-tight container for up to 2 days.
Jenna Edmiston is the blogger behind www.petitfoodie.com. Here you can find recipes that are healthy, seasonal and delicious. Her food philosophy is all about balance. Living a healthy well-balanced life is everything. You can find out more about Jenna at www.petitfoodie.com and instagram @petitfoodie.