Prerna Singh with a colorful, and exotic suggestion for your next lunch box meal.
By Prerna Singh
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots medley (thawed) - I just drop frozen veggies in room temperature water and it thaws in a minute.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (can use mustard, fennel)
- 1½ teaspoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated dried coconut (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. As they sputter add peas and carrots. Give a quick stir. Add salt. Stir again.
- Cook until the veggies are heated well. For about a couple minutes.
- Throw in the coconut. Give a quick stir and done!
Prerna is a food writer and photographer who contributes to sites like Menuism and WFAEeats (NPR Charlotte). With a goal of making Indian cuisine approachable, she created Indian Simmer, a blog nominated for 2011 Best Food Blogs by Saveur Magazine.