Enjoy this awesome pumpkin, parsley root and thyme soup recipe from Regula Ysewijn.
By Regula Ysewijn
- 1 small pumpkin (like in the picture, about 500gr)
- 1,5L chicken or vegetable stock
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small potato
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons Chili flakes
- 5 parsley roots (if you can't find it, you can leave it out or use some leftover celeriac)
- Heat the stock, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic, potato and parsley roots.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes without the lid on.
- Puree the soup and bring back to the boil, add half of the chilli flakes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with the rest of the chilli flakes, some thyme leaves and a turn of the black pepper mill.
- I served this soup with home made croutons, delicious.
Regula fell in love with Britain when she was a little girl, her parents travelled with her across the country feeding a love that is still as strong now as it was over a decade ago. On her blog 'Miss Foodwise' she writes about her quest discovering everything there is to know about British food and culture. She has a passion for vintage British cookery books and a weakness for dainty floral tea cups. Regula is a photographer, graphic designer and culinary school student.