This baked oatmeal is the perfect comforting breakfast for crisp autumn mornings.
By Lauren Hardy
- ⅓ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg white
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pecans (optional)
- Dried cranberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350?.
- Combine the oatmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add in the milk, pumpkin puree, egg white, and vanilla.
- Once combined, pour the batter into a greased oven-safe ramekin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until oatmeal is set and puffy.
- Remove from oven and top with maple syrup and any additional toppings.
Lauren Hardy is a writer, editor and self-taught, experimental foodie. By the time she was 6 years old, she had the Toll House Inn chocolate chip cookie recipe memorized and baked a variety of batches for her family each week. Her passion for cooking flourished during her college years.In addition to her writing aspirations, she hopes to own a bakery someday. You can follow her latest musings on her blog, "Making Life Sweet," at laurenhardy.com, where she blogs weekly about inspiration, food and faith.