Bhadang is a spicy snack made from puffed rice, garlic coconut chutney and nuts. The use of kanda lasun chutney gives it an unique flavor perfect for an afternoon crunch or a bar snack.
By Anita Mokashi
Bhadang is a spicy snack made from puffed rice, garlic coconut chutney and nuts. The use of kanda lasun chutney gives it an unique flavor. Find the Kanda Lasun chutney recipe here.
- 5 cups puffed rice
- Raw peanuts- 1 cup
- Roasted chana dal -1/2 cup
- Kanda Lasun Chutney- ½ cup
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Asafetida- pinch
- Garlic chopped-1/2th cup
- Coconut slices-1/4th cup
- Lot of curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil – ½ cup
- Heat oil in pan
- Add groundnuts, chanda dal and curry leaves
- Once the nuts are roasted add sliced garlic. Sautee till garlic raw smell goes away
- Add the dry spice, kanda lasun chutney and salt. Mix well
- Add Puffed rice and roast well for 10 mins
- Switch off the gas and let the bhadang cool down
- Store it in an air tight container
Anita Mokashi is based in California, but born and brought up in Mumbai, India. Her blog Crave Cook Click is mostly about Indian cooking, but occasionally she shares recipes from other cultures and cuisines too. Anita is also the publisher of a popular photography blog.