These fudge square are filled with delicious surprises like dried cherries and puffed rice cereal for a crispy, fun crunch.
By Katie Oberwager
I love the crispy texture the puffed rice gives these bars! They rival any rice krispy treat and are like a healthier chocolate peanut butter fudge.
These bars are:
I don’t know what else I can say to convince you to get in the kitchen immediately and make these bars. I stuck half the batch in the freezer to keep them out of site, out of mind. Who am I kidding, though? I know they are in there…
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- ⅓ cup raw pepitas
- ⅓ heaping cup dried cherries
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ½ cups puffed rice cereal (rice krispies)
- Line a 6x6 pan with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients except puffed rice cereal to a large bowl and mix to combine. Once combined, add in puffed rice ½ cup at a time and fold to combine.
- Pour mixture into the pan and press down with the back of a spoon to smooth.
- Place in fridge for 30 min-1 hour to set and store in the fridge or freezer.
I started 24 Carrot Life after becoming obsessed with food blogs and wanting to show that eating healthy can be fun, simple, and delicious. Although I do not follow a specific diet, I experiment a lot with different styles of eating, always focusing on real and whole ingredients. Come follow along as I dirty up the kitchen!