If you love the iconic peanut butter and jelly sandwich, then you will love these peanut butter thumbprint cookies filled with your favorite flavor of jam.
By Miranda Couse
I love peanut butter so these cookies are one of my favorites. I used strawberry jelly for my center fillings, but your favorite jam flavor will do.
PB and J Thumbprint CookiesMiranda Couse
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 + ¼ cups granulated sugar divided
- 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup strawberry jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the butter, shortening and peanut butter. Mix on medium until combined.
- Add in the 1 cup of granulated sugar and vanilla bean paste. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until a dough ball forms.
- Scoop the cookies out using a cookie scoop. Roll the dough ball between your two palms.
- Place the remaining ¼ cup of granulated sugar in a shallow little bowl.
- Roll the dough balls into the sugar.
- Press down the center of the dough to form the thumbprint.
- Place a teaspoon (or more depending on how big of a thumbprint you made) of jelly into the hole.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12 - 14 or until done. Place on a cooling rack to cool. If you need the jelly spread out more, gently spread out with a toothpick.
I'm Miranda. I'm a self-taught baker, recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the blog http://cookiedoughandovenmitt.com. When I'm not satisfying sweet teeth, I can be found spending time with my family, reading cookbooks, attempting crafts and crocheting.