Paneer Tikka is a favorite appetizer served throughout India, marinated in a spiced yogurt.
This paneer tikka recipe is very simple and tastes amazing as a starter or side dish for friends and family. I have learned this recipe from Tarla Dalal’s and is making it religiously since then.
For more favorite Indian recipes, click here.
Paneer Tikka SkewersSapana Behl
- 300 gm paneer cut in cubes
- 1 large green capsicum cut in cubes
- 1 large red onion cut in cubes
- 1 cup thick yougurt/hung curd
- 1 tablespoon ginger grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder or paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- In a mixing bowl add ingredients for the marinade. Stir and mix well until combined.
- Add the cubed paneer, capsicum and onions into the marinade mixture. Gently toss them with the marinade.
- Cover and let it marinate for about 30 minutes to 2 hours. Refrigerate for better results.
- Once the marination is done remove the bowl from the refrigerator. Allow it to come to room temperature.
- Arrange the marinated vegetables and paneer into skewers. Preheat the oven to 350°F and brush a baking sheet with oil.
- Transfer the skewers to the prepared sheet. Grill in oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly golden turning them halfway through grilling.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately with mint chutney. (Click the link above for the recipe.)
I am Sapana Behl a stay at home mom of two lovely princesses,a passionate foodie and an enthusiastic food blogger.