For your next pancake breakfast, try this awesome recipe.
By Anita Mokashi
Pancakes with Strawberries and Bananas
Delicious pancakes served with maple syrup, strawberries and banana topping.
Author: Anita Mokashi
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced bananas and strawberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or oil), and egg.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not overmix; a few small lumps are fine).
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Add ½ tsp of butter.
- For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round.
- Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm in oven. Continue with more oil and remaining batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, strawberry and banana toppings.
- You can also add other assorted toppings, such as butter, confectioners sugar, honey, jams, preserves, sweetened whipped cream, or chocolate syrup