Pizza dough, but in a fancier presentation this time round in the form of dinner rolls, or, Pizza Balls.
By Jehanne Ali
Pizza dough is a versatile recipe that should be embraced more in the kitchen- they can be made into pizza balls, small bites, mini pizzas, empanadas, calzones, even bread sticks! And if egg-less and butter-less is your kinda thing, ok go on, it is eggless and butter-less.
- 310 g bread flour
- 1 tbsp semolina
- 200 mls water
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- a pinch of sugar
- A small bunch of coriander leaves- chopped finely
- Grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic- minced
- Prepare the dough. Mix all the ingredients listed except olive oil and knead using hand or dough hook on mixer.
- Once the dough about to come together, drizzle in the olive oil and knead until smooth.
- Leave to rise for around 1 hour or until doubles in bulk.
- Punch down the air and using well oiled hands ( Extra virgin olive oil), divide dough into balls.
- Flatten each ball and fill with coriander, a bit of minced garlic, liberal amount of parmesan and sprinkle of oregano.
- Enclose the filling by forming ball and place the dough balls into a greased baking tray.
- Let the dough balls sit for around 20 minutes and preheat the oven at 200C.
- Brush the top with milk ( optional for softness) or olive oil ( for crusty top) and bake for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with soup, or as dinner rolls.