Sweet potatoes paired with black beans tossed in olive oil, garlic and cumin powder. Everything is then drizzled with a little bit of tahini, and garnished with cilantro for freshness.
Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potato
Author: Mariela Alvarez Toro
- 1 whole sweet potato
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 dash cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Several cilantro leaves
- Tahini to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash potato under running water, pat dry, and set aside.
- Place potato on a square-ish piece of aluminum foil. Using a fork, poke the potato several times, then drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap the potato with the paper foil and place in oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While potato bakes, prepare the black beans. In a medium saucepan heat olive oil over medium temperature. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add cumin powder, black beans, and salt.
- Toss beans in oil until fully warmed through. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Add cilantro leaves and set aside.
- After 45 minutes have passed remove potato from oven, unwrap from aluminum foil, and let cool slightly.
- To serve, cut potato halfway through down the middle. Spoon the beans onto the potato, and then drizzle a teaspoon of tahini. Eat immediately.