A lime and chilli spiked Asian style beef hash recipe that delivers layer after layer of flavour.
By Kate Olsson
Lime and Coriander Sticky Beef Hash with Sunny Side Egg
A lime and chilli spiked Asian style beef hash recipe that delivers layer after layer of flavour. Thin strips of fillet steak are wok-tossed in a marinade of soy, mirin, tomato chutney, chilli, and coriander. Crunchy green broccolini and spring onions add colour and texture, and a perfectly sunny-side-up egg nestled on top finishes things off nicely. Served with a sprinkling of fried shallots, black sesame seeds, and a drizzle of lime juice – this is a great quick, healthy, and satisfying cold-weather dish.
Author: Kate Olsson
Recipe Type: Main
- 350g fillet steaks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp soy sauce – or tamari
- 2 tbsp mirin
- Rice bran oil
- 1 tbsp tomato chutney – or tomato sauce
- 4 coriander roots, roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced into 2cm pieces
- 3 spring onions, sliced into 2cm batons
- 2 free range, organic eggs
- Black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Fried shallots, for garnish
- Slice beef into thin strips – roughly ½cm in thickness.
- In a bowl, mix together the tomato chutney (or tomato sauce), soy and mirin. Set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat and add a splash of rice bran oil.
- Add the coriander roots and chilli and cook for a few moments until fragrant.
- Add the beef – be careful not to overcrowd the wok or the beef will stew. If you have too much meat for the wok, cook the beef in batches.
- Once the beef has begun to brown, add in the chopped broccolini and spring onions. Toss and cook for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Crack in the eggs and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the whites are set and the yolks are hot but runny.
- To serve, divide the beef and broccolini between two plates and top with an egg.
- Sprinkle with some flaky sea salt, some black sesame seeds and generous amount of crispy fried shallots.
- Squeeze over some fresh lime juice and extra chilli for an extra kick!