This frozen dairy popsicle is flavored with mawa burfi candies, pistachios and saffron.
By Anita Mokashi
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups any milk burfi chunks/ mawa
- ½ cup sugar
- few strands of kesar/saffron
- Chopped almonds and pistachios
- Cardamom powder
- In wide pan, boil milk.
- Once it starts boiling, add the burfis.
- Stir continuously for 15 mins. Now add sugar.
- Continue stirring. Add cardamom, kesar and chopped nuts.
- Boil the milk till it becomes thick in consistency. This make take around one hour on medium flame gas.
- Cool it and transfer to kulfi molds or popsicle molds. Freeze for 6 hours.
- Before removing the kulfi from the mold, hold the mold under flowing water for 5 mins. It will enable you to smoothly remove the kulfi.
Anita Mokashi is based in California, but born and brought up in Mumbai, India. Her blog Crave Cook Click is mostly about Indian cooking, but occasionally she shares recipes from other cultures and cuisines too. Anita is also the publisher of a popular photography blog.