Chewy bars with triple berry jam, creamy peanut frosting, and blackberries and raspberries will let you relive your childhood. It’s peanut butter jelly time!
By Kathleen Siegle
If you’re a peanut butter jelly fanatic, these Peanut Butter Jelly Cookie Bars are going to make you swoon for sure.
I got the idea from my Blackberry Pie Bars. For these I used a triple berry jam that I picked up from the store. You could totally make it from scratch. The peanut butter cookie dough I got from one of my favorite dessert bloggers, Crazy for Crust. I topped these babies with some extra creamy peanut butter frosting and sugared berries. You can omit sugaring the berries, but the combination of the chewy peanut butter cookie bars and the crunch from the sugared berries is fantastic.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups triple berry jam
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbs milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer and paddle attachment, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until combined.
- Add the egg, vanilla, milk, salt, and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Slowly mix flour on low until all flour is mixed in.
- Press half the dough onto the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, take the cookie bars out.
- Carefully drop spoonfuls of jam on top of the dough. Take the remaining dough and press it in the palms of your hands to make large flattened pieces. Cover the layer of jam.
- Bake for an additional 15 mintues or until the top starts to turn golden.
- With an electric mixer and paddle attachment, beat the softened butter and peanut butter until combined.
- Add the sugar and mix until just combined.
- Add the milk and beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Once the bars have cooled, pipe peanut butter frosting on each piece and top with berries tossed in sugar.