Step into spring with these berry-loaded strawberry crisps topped with an oat crumble.
I am READY for all the fruit desserts! I was at the grocery store and picked up a few cartons of strawberries. Ripe, luscious, and screaming to be baked in sugar and topped with a crispy, crumble-y oatmeal brown sugar topping. HEAVEN!
If you are looking for a lightened-up fruit dessert, this is your recipe! It tastes just as indulgent as any pie, but has reduced sugar + an oatmeal crumble. Even though it’s healthier, you seriously can’t taste the difference. The key is to pick out ripe fruit so the natural sugars shine through.
I chose to bake these in individual ramekins, but you can easily make a big batch in a baking dish by doubling the recipe!
Individual Strawberry CrispsChristine Skari
- 4 cups fresh strawberries sliced into quarters
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the strawberry slices, brown sugar, and flour. Distribute evenly into 4 ramekins.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in the butter until crumbly.
- Top the strawberry mixture with the crumble and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown.