Drumsticks are the perfect finger foods for a picnic and are adored by adults and kids alike.
By Soni Sinha
I marinated these overnight and broiled them the next day until all nice and golden on all sides.Drumsticks are the perfect finger foods for a picnic and are adored by adults and kids alike!Pack it with some salad or grill them right in the picnic area if you have the facility and you’ve got a great picnic dish that couldn’t be any easier!
- Coriander Seeds-3 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds-1½ tbsp
- Fennel Seeds-1 tbsp
- Cinnamon-1 inch
- Dry Red Chili-2
- Chicken Drumsticks-7-8 pieces
- Thick Yoghurt-1 cup
- Crushed Ginger-1 tbsp
- Crushed Garlic-1 tbsp
- Indian Spice Blend-2 tbsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Chaat Masala (optional)-1 tbsp
- In a pan toast all the spices on low heat until aromatic making sure to not burn it.
- Transfer into a spice grinder and coarse grind the spices.
- In a ziplock bag mix all the marinade ingredients except oil and keep it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready arrange on a greased foil lined baking sheet, drizzle oil all over and broil until all golden turning the drumsticks every now and then to develop color on all sides.
- Brush the sides with the remaining marinade to keep them moist and flavorful.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice and chaat masala all over and serve warm!
Soni is a recipe developer, food writer/blogger who creates recipes with a healthy Indian twist. She is a passionate cook and her recipes cater to readers who are are willing to try contemporary Indian flavors in wide ranging fusion dishes that she creates.She shares all her cooking adventures on her blog Soni's Food.