Hotel Hassler Roma helps us celebrate Valentines Day in a classic romantic Italian style. Sharing exclusive recipes featured on the special gourmet multi-course menu at Michelin-starred restaurant, Imàgo and the Hassler Roma Bar.
Created by Executive Chef Andrea Antonini, Imago’s Limited Edition Valentines Menu offers guests dishes such as: Red Mullet with Foie Gras and Pomegranate. As well as Seafood Fusilli Pasta and a traditional “Millefoglie”cake for dessert. Hotel Hassler Roma helps us celebrate Valentines Day in a classic Italian style with exclusive recipes; Millefoglie Dessert and “Stand By Me” cocktail.
Spicing up the classic crusty delicate pastry Executive Pastry Chef Mariasole Martella on behalf of Executive Chef Andrea Antonini generously layers it with Vanilla, Wild Strawberries and Balsamic Vinegar. An ideal pairing for the Millefoglie Dessert is definitely a cocktail that also “embodies the complex feeling of love”. Hassler Roma Bar’s bartender Mr. Stefano Santucci offers his signature cocktail recipe featuring vodka, baileys and red berries.
While you may not be at Hotel Hassler Roma, absorbing the breathtaking views of the Italian city. These two recipes will help to transform your Valentines Day plans into a beautiful one. See below two special recipes featuring the the “Millefoglie” dessert, and Hassler Roma’s new signature “Stand by Me” cocktail.
Recipe for 4 people:
For Valentine’s Day this year, Executive Chef Andrea Antonini is offering guests his signature dessert, which is both crunchy and light, as well as both sweet and bitter. The puff pastry is the element which characterizes the dessert: even without butter or hydrogenated fats, it has the same crunchiness as a traditional puff pastry.
- 5 cups milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 3/4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¾ cups of sugar
- 11 egg yolks
- 2 ¾ cups of maizena (corn flour)
- 4 vanilla Bourbon berries
- 1 tsp salt
Imago Puff Pastry
- In a bowl mix : 1/3 cup water, 7/8 cup of flour , 1 tsp salt and 5 3/4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Roll out the dough and bake at 180° the puff pastry for few minutes (7-8 minutes)
Vanilla Crème Patissiere
- In a bowl mix: 5 cups milk, 1 cup of whipping cream, ¾ cups sugar; 11 egg yolks, 5/8 cup of corn flour and vanilla Bourbon berries.
- Bring the milk, fresh cream and vanilla to the boil in a saucepan then remove from the heat as soon as it comes to the boil. Keep an eye on the pan as the milk can boil over very quickly!
- Mix the sugar, egg yolks and flour together until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour a third of the warmed milk over the egg mixture and whisk vigorously until smooth and thoroughly combined
- Pour the egg mixture into the saucepan with the milk and continue to whisk over a medium heat
- Cook until the mixture thickens, being careful not to let it burn on the bottom of the pan. The mixture will go very lumpy – don’t worry, this is supposed to happen! Just keep whisking and the mixture will go smooth, thickened and glossy. Cook out for another two minutes, then remove from the heat
- Empty your crème pâtissière into a bowl and close cover with cling film to prevent a skin forming. Allow to cool, then place in the fridge until needed
Top with: Nepi wild strawberries and raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
“Stand by Me”cocktail at Hotel Hassler Roma
“Love is a complex sentiment and this cocktail embodies the endless aspects of this feeling. – Mr. Stefano Santucci
- 8 teaspoons berries puree with cinnamon syrup and Cherry Heering liqueur
- 4 teaspoons Baileys
- 4 teaspoons Vodka Greygoose
- 4 teaspoons milk cream
Garnish: pair of fresh raspberries and sprinkled with nutmeg on Old fashioned Glass
- Blend the berries (raspberries and strawberries) together with 10ml of cinnamon syrup, 2 teaspoons of raspberry syrup and 2 teaspoons of Cherry Heering.
- Pour the puree into the old fashioned glass and fill the glass with crushed ice.
- Then pour the three ingredients (baileys, vodka and milk cream) directly onto the ice in the glass. Finally decorate with a couple of fresh raspberries and sprinkled with nutmeg.
Alyssa Holder is a writer specializing in food and travel topics since 2015.
These are very exquisite Michelin-star worthy recipes and this menu must be impressive. Thank you for this inspiring article.