PARTNER POST: Dive into the 120 days of summer with Santa Rita wines that pair perfectly with the foods of the season, straight off the grill.
Take your side dishes to a whole new level of flavor with grilled potatoes and onions served with a creamy blue cheese sauce.
Try this grilled Potatoes recipe with a Creamy Buffalo Dressing and tangy blue cheese crumbles.
Grilling is what makes summer the best season of all.
It revolves around good food, good drinks, and good friends. The perfect trifecta of ingredients needed for a good day.
Very similar to these grilled potatoes with creamy buffalo dressing. We have potatoes (can I get an amennnnn for these potatoes? // I love potatoes.) And Creamy Buffalo Dressing using a super simple, perfectly homemade buffalo sauce. Then we add tangy bleu cheese crumbles. YUM!
It’s the perfect trifecta of ingredients to make these amaze-balls grilled potatoes.
I call this, “My leftover kitchen dinner” because these are ingredients I always have on hand: Potatoes, onions, olive oil, and seasoning.
I can whip these up when we have company; or when I have a “gotta have buffalo sauce and bleu cheese on everything” phase.
One lovely glass of white wine is all I need to perfect the day of grilling. One of the reasons I love white wine is because it stores in the fridge. It’s so crisp and refreshing for those super hot days.
Lately I’ve been taking the overabundant mint growing in our yard and adding it to every drink you could possibly imagine. Santa Rita’s sauvignon blanc was no exception and it was perfecto!
What’s also perfecto is this blend of spices we’ve recently been introduced to that has seriously trumped our steady grilling seasoning. Badia Original Seasoning–oh my word! When you open it for the first time, the smells, oh those smells are perfect and instantly gets your taste buds craving for these grilled potatoes ASAP.
Are you ready for this summer? Are you ready for a “buffalo sauce on everything” frenzy?
With a glass of wine?
Sounds good to me, too!
For more grilling inspiration with Santa Rita, check out this grilled Chilean chicken and pebre sauce.
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 small white onion cut into wedges
- 2-3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Badia Complete Seasoning Your favorite steak seasoning will work too
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Creamy Buffalo Dressing
- 1 5oz package of greek yogurt (use DF yogurt substitution if needed)
- 3 Tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup bleu cheese crumbles omit if DF is needed
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
- Preheat grill on high. Place aluminum foil onto grill.
- Microwave (2 minutes) or Boil potatoes (6 minutes) until they are slightly cooked.
- Slice potatoes in half.
- Place potatoes and onions onto metal skewers. Drizzle with olive oil, seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place onto aluminum foil face down. Grill skewers for 6-8 minutes, flip skewers, cook for another 5 minutes. Continue until potatoes are cooked through.
- With a small bowl add yogurt, buffalo sauce, almond milk and garlic powder. Whisk together until fully combined.
- Drizzle buffalo dressing over potatoes.
- Garnish with fresh chives and blue cheese crumbles if desired.
Lindsay Garza is the personality behind the gluten-free website VeggieBalance.com, and author of Gluten-Free Party Food cookbook. On her site you will find simple, all-natural, gluten-free recipes that everyone will enjoy.