Use this salsa to bring some summer flavors to your favorite protein, or just serve with chips for a twist on the usual dip.
By Robin Runner
- 4 large or 5 medium fresh peaches (ripe), split in half and stone removed
- ¼ of a medium sized red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds in or removed depending on your spice preference and finely diced
- Balsamic vinegar (better quality) to drizzle
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup or a handful of fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- On your grill (preheated to about 350 degrees) or in a grill pan over medium heat, spray the pan with olive oil and let it get nice and hot.
- Place the peaches cut side down on the pan or grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes and check to see how they’re doing. Let cook additionally if needed. You’re looking for nice grill marks (not burnt) and remove.
- Let cool completely.
- While cooling, mix your other ingredients into a medium sized bowl and give a good toss.
- Then add the peaches (leave the skin on).
- Then drizzle with a bit of balsamic vinegar. Toss and cover and refrigerate.
- Before topping your protein source, let the salsa come up to room temperature.
Robin Runner is the blogger behind www.kneadtocook.com. She grew up around two of her greatest inspirations, her Italian grandmother and her aunt. Both believed in farm to table foods, purity in nature and love as the main ingredient for anything on their menu. Today, Robin is a strong advocate of farming and buying local ingredients, as well as composting to help repurpose food scraps into rich soil for our garden.