This blushing rhubarb and mint cocktail is perfect for patio sipping on a warm summer night when you have no where else to be.
Check out at that beautiful pale pink color! And the sweet-sour rhubarb syrup with fresh mint and basil? I can’t even. This drink is so refreshing.
I was sipping one of these mojitos yesterday evening while sitting under a giant maple tree that sits off to one side of our front yard. It was one of those perfect moments when the light is soft and golden and the grass almost glows green. Riley was playing at a neighbors house and Braden was toddling around the yard playing with a stick, his red hair still messy from his afternoon nap, and I almost burst with happiness. It’s amazing how warm weather and color and life can do that, isn’t it?
Try this cocktail on a warm summer night when there is nothing to do but sit and enjoy your surroundings.
- 4 rhubarb stalks, cut into chunks
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture over a jar or bowl.
- Cool completely before using.
- 2 oz rhubarb simple syrup
- 3 thin slices fresh rhubarb
- 10 mint leaves
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz club soda
- Muddle the syrup with the rhubarb, mint and basil in the bottom of a glass.
- Add the white rum and stir to combine.
- Fill the glass with ice and top with the club soda.