This blushing rhubarb and mint cocktail is perfect for patio sipping on a warm summer night when you have no where else to be.
Check out at that beautiful pale pink color! And the sweet-sour rhubarb syrup with fresh mint and basil? I can’t even. This drink is so refreshing.
I was sipping one of these mojitos yesterday evening while sitting under a giant maple tree that sits off to one side of our front yard. It was one of those perfect moments when the light is soft and golden and the grass almost glows green. Riley was playing at a neighbors house and Braden was toddling around the yard playing with a stick, his red hair still messy from his afternoon nap, and I almost burst with happiness. It’s amazing how warm weather and color and life can do that, isn’t it?
Try this cocktail on a warm summer night when there is nothing to do but sit and enjoy your surroundings.Print
- Author: Rachael White
- Yield: 0 Makes 1 mojito & just over 1 cup simple syrup 1x
- Category: Cocktail, Drink
Rhubarb simple syrup:
- 4 rhubarb stalks (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain the mixture over a jar or bowl.
- Cool completely before using.
For the mojito:
- 2 oz rhubarb simple syrup
- 3 thin slices fresh rhubarb
- 10 mint leaves
- 3 basil leaves
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz club soda
- Muddle the syrup with the rhubarb, mint and basil in the bottom of a glass.
- Add the white rum and stir to combine.
- Fill the glass with ice and top with the club soda.
Rachael writes recipes for foods that are simple, comforting and delicious. Whether you are cooking for your family or having friends over for dinner and drinks, you’ll find recipes here to fit any occasion. From cocktails to appetizers, desserts and entrees, the recipes you will find here incorporate Rachael's desire for Midwestern comfort food, love of International cuisine, and need for dishes that don’t take hours to make.