Are you ready to celebrate Father’s Day? We’re here to help. Check out these kid-friendly recipes that kiddos, with a little help from mom, can whip up in the kitchen to celebrate Dad.
Let Dad relax and let the kids surprise him with a delicious cinnamon toast brunch or cheesy pasta dinner. Both these recipes come from executive chef Brandon Thordarson of Moxie’s Grill and Bar.
Cinnamon Toast Brunch
Special brunches and breakfasts in bed aren’t only for Mother’s Day! Start Dad’s day off with this delicious and simple cinnamon toast. Present Dad with a plate of this taste and a tall mug of his favorite coffee. Easy and so good!
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 fl.oz cinnamon
- 1 tsp cinnamon sugar per toast
- 1 each toasted bread
- Place together in glass mason jar with lid
- Shake vigorously to combine
- Spread butter to edge liberally on toast while hot
- Sprinkle sugar over toast and butter to cover with light dusting. Enjoy!
Sprinkle light dusting evenly to ensure maximum tastes
Pasta and Homemade Cheese Sauce
This is a dinner Dad will love and even the picky-eaters will enjoy. Whip this up for Dad and enjoy a special dinner together. Make sure he doesn’t have to do the dishes either!
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour (can use GF flour too)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheese –any kind (mozzarella, cheddar, cream)
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter on medium heat in sauce pot
- Add flour to melted butter and whisk together
- Add milk, bring to simmer whisking while heating
- Add cheese to simmering milk –bring back to simmer whisking often
- Season with salt and serve with your favorite pasta shape
Whisk often or sauce will stick and burn
Add more cheese if not “cheesy” enough
Season with tiny bit of salt so it’s not too salty for the young ones
Mix this sauce with any cooked pasta noodles and eat right away!