For a cool, smooth fudge that is perfect for summertime, recreate this matcha and mint fudge delight with just five ingredients that are all superfoods, too.
By Ashley Melillo
To make this mint and matcha fudge, you’ll need just five ingredients (most of which are superfoods): tahini, cacao butter, pure maple syrup, matcha powder, and a few drops of pure peppermint oil (or extract if you don’t have oil). You’ll add them all to a double boiler and whisk together over medium-low heat until you have a smooth, creamy mixture. Then, you’ll pour it into a small, 3×5-inch pan or container (I use an airtight ziploc container) and refrigerate until firm.
Once it’s set, flip the container over, give it a forceful tap to release, and slice into bite-sized pieces of fudge.
This fudge is perfectly smooth, creamy, rich, and matcha-kissed. It also offers an amazing cooling effect thanks to the peppermint. Summertime fudge at its finest.
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ tablespoon matcha powder
- 5 to 7 drops pure peppermint oil or peppermint extract to taste
- In a double boiler, combine all ingredients over medium-low heat. Whisk together for 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Grease a small 5x3-inch pan or plastic container with coconut oil and pour the mixture into it. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm and completely set.
- Once set, turn container over and tap to release the fudge. Slice. Store in refrigerator or freezer.