There’s nothing like a great breakfast to get your day started just right. Amy Ta with her favorite morning dish.
Text And Photo By Amy Ta
Weekend breakfasts are my sanity saviours. During the week I am an engergizer battery constantly on the go and always in a rush. It is an absolute treat to sit peacefully by the window with a cup of tea and a bowl of something beautiful. I watch the sky change colours and listen to the birds sing their songs. I reflect on the week that has past and hope for the best in the next.
It is extraordinary how a gorgeous breakfast can set the tone for the day. If only I had the discipline to organise myself every morning for breakfast, then perhaps everyday would be wonderful.
- ½ cup (1,25dl) traditional rolled oats
- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2,5dl) plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup (1,25dl) dried strawberries
- or your favourite dried fruit
- Toast the rolled oats in a hot frying pan until they are golden. Sprinkle cinnamon over the oats. Set aside to cool.
- Place the greek yogurt in a bowl and sprinkle with the cooled oats. Add the dried strawberries and drizzle the honey over the top. Turn off the tv, radio, telephone, internet. Lock the door, open the window, pull up a seat and enjoy the morning.
Amy Ta started her cooking career in her late-twenties. She baked a chocolate cake and never looked back. She is now the author and photographer of the food blog "tinytearoom".