Tender, green florets, tossed in olive oil (or butter), and garlic and baked till brown and crisp and then sprinkled with some cheese. What’s not to love?
By Nandita Nataraj
Tender, green florets, tossed in olive oil (or butter), and garlic and baked till brown and crisp and then sprinkled with some cheese. What’s not to love about this? I think that this avatar of broccoli is something that will be loved by all.
- Broccoli- 1med or 200gms, separated into florets
- Olive oil- 2-3tbsp
- Garlic- 2 cloves, chopped fine
- Fresh bread crumbs- 4tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- Freshly ground Pepper- ¼tsp
- Grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli florets along with the olive oil, bread crumbs, Garlic, salt and pepper and toss till the florets are coated with bread crumbs
- Spread the florets in a single layer on a Parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 200C for 10min. Toss the florets and bake for 10min more.
- Transfer the florets to a serving dish, garnish with grated Parmesan and serve immediately.
Nandita was born, bred and spread in India, but right now lives in Tanzania where her quest for simple and exotic pleasures of food led to the creation of the blog Paaka-Shaale. She believes that food is not just a means to feed a body. But it is also meant to appeal the mind and satiate the soul.