This cranberry quinoa crunch lettuce wrap is a sure fire way to get your grains, protein and satisfy a sweet tooth for lunch, dinner, or as a snack.
By Carolyng Gomes
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of Dried Cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of Sunflower Seeds
- 3 leaves of lettuce (large is best)
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Warm quinoa on the stove top or in the microwave to take off the chill of the fridge, or use fresh quinoa.
- Mix quinoa, dried cranberries and sunflower seeds. Toss to combine. Season with coarse sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Using one lettuce leaf at a time, spoon about two – five tablespoons (depending on size of leaf) of the quinoa mixture and place at the base.
- Roll up the leaf by folding in the side first, then rolling up.
- Place rolls seam side down on a plate and repeat the process with the remaining quinoa and wraps.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.