Creamy coconut milk and fresh mango along with mango nectar are what makes this margarita, cool, thick, and something special.
Mango margaritas aren’t the norm where I come from in Hawaii. Really just juices and smoothies loaded with my mom’s lilikoi from her tree. There is nothing like a mango from Hawaii. Sweet and perfectly ripe and permeating with tropical aroma.
Celebrate the rest of summer with this cool margarita, that is also great with rum, or even as a virgin drink without the tequila. Think of it like a lassi!
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce grand marnier
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2-3 pieces of fresh cut coconut optional
- 1/2 cup mango nectar
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks or fresh mango
- Lime salt
- Fresh cut mango
- Lime wedges
- First blend the mango swirl together until smooth and set aside.
- Then blend the coconut margarita mix and set aside.
- Rim glasses with simple syrup and lime salt and pour in mango puree about 1/2 inch. Then pour coconut margarita to just the brim of the glass.
- Serve with fresh mango and lime wedges.
Samantha Ferraro is the food blogger and photographer for The Little Ferraro Kitchen. Samantha comes from a diverse background and is originally from Brooklyn NY, until she turned to the island life and moved to Hawaii. Now Samantha blogs about world cuisine recipes made easy in Southern California with her Italian husband and their dog Hula. When she’s not blogging or making a mess in the kitchen, you can find her traveling the world for recipe inspiration.