Creamy coconut milk and fresh mango along with mango nectar are what makes this margarita, cool, thick, and something special.
Mango margaritas aren’t the norm where I come from in Hawaii. Really just juices and smoothies loaded with my mom’s lilikoi from her tree. There is nothing like a mango from Hawaii. Sweet and perfectly ripe and permeating with tropical aroma.
Celebrate the rest of summer with this cool margarita, that is also great with rum, or even as a virgin drink without the tequila. Think of it like a lassi!
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce grand marnier
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 oz simple syrup
- ½ cup coconut water
- 2-3 pieces of fresh cut coconut (optional)
- ½ cup mango nectar
- ½ cup frozen mango chunks or fresh mango
- Lime salt
- Fresh cut mango
- Lime wedges
- First blend the mango swirl together until smooth and set aside.
- Then blend the coconut margarita mix and set aside.
- Rim glasses with simple syrup and lime salt and pour in mango puree about ½ inch. Then pour coconut margarita to just the brim of the glass.
- Serve with fresh mango and lime wedges.