Reminiscent of a Mounds candy bar, this coconut and chocolate mousse cake is a smooth and crave-worthy dessert.
By Nina Jesih
This is the one kind of cake I am dreaming about every day. My birthday is coming up and I sure know which cake I would like my mum to make (despite the fact I had it last year and a year before and also a year before).
- 6 eggs (separate egg yolks from eggs whites)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (or less)
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Beat 6 egg whites and sugar to make the consistency really stiff, then add almost all the coconut flour (you need to leave some of it for sprinkling later on).
- Gently mix coconut with eggs, so the “dough” does not fall down.
- Put it in the cake mold and bake for 30 minutes on 370°.
- When you take it out of the oven, let it to cool down.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate over the steam and add 6 egg yolks. Mix it together with two whipping creams.
- Pour it over the coconut sponge in the cake mold. Put it in a fridge for several hours (I suggest overnight).
- When the cake is firm, sprinkle it with remaining coconut and take it out of the mold.