Reminiscent of a Mounds candy bar, this coconut and chocolate mousse cake is a smooth and crave-worthy dessert.
By Nina Jesih
This is the one kind of cake I am dreaming about every day. My birthday is coming up and I sure know which cake I would like my mum to make (despite the fact I had it last year and a year before and also a year before).
- 6 eggs (separate egg yolks from eggs whites)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (or less)
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Beat 6 egg whites and sugar to make the consistency really stiff, then add almost all the coconut flour (you need to leave some of it for sprinkling later on).
- Gently mix coconut with eggs, so the “dough” does not fall down.
- Put it in the cake mold and bake for 30 minutes on 370°.
- When you take it out of the oven, let it to cool down.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate over the steam and add 6 egg yolks. Mix it together with two whipping creams.
- Pour it over the coconut sponge in the cake mold. Put it in a fridge for several hours (I suggest overnight).
- When the cake is firm, sprinkle it with remaining coconut and take it out of the mold.
Nina is an art historian from Slovenia, who really likes to eat. Especially junk food, so she balances it with all the natural remedies to keep her body fit, despite her profligate eating lifestyle. Also to keep up with her hunger for exciting food, she stays active in sports.