Soft peanut butter cookies studded with chocolate chips are ready to make with ingredeints you probably already have in your cupboards. A perfect nutty and chocolate-filled dessert.
If you can’t decide whether you’re in a peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie mood, just combine them and call it a day.
I can’t believe when I go to the store I can’t find a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. Chocolate and peanut butter is the greatest combination in all the land! If you find yourself in the same predicament, fear not. This recipe is super easy and made in one bowl. Most of my cookies are. Once the butter, sugar, etc is all combined I just add all the dry on top and fluff it around a bit then turn the stand mixer on. This process has never steered me wrong and cuts down on clean up. Win!
I made these cookies on my birthday when I was fogged in and working at home. I found myself home alone with the dogs for most of the day while the kids were at school so I whipped these up as a pre swim lesson snack. There is nothing quite like coming home from a long day at school to homemade baking!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips, I used mini
- Combine the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy then add the vanilla and egg.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until combined.
- Roll the dough into 18 even sized balls and place on a baking tray. Place the tray in the fridge to firm up the dough while the oven preheats.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes then let them cool 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container