Serve this vibrant soup with a bung hunk of crusty bread for a simple and refreshing lunch.
By Carolyng Gomes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- ½ poblano pepper, chopped
- ½ cup parsley, packed
- ½ lime
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add zucchini, leeks, jalapeño and poblano. Cook until zucchini has softened, leeks have caramelized and mixture is fragrant. 6-8 minutes.
- Add parsley and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini mixture to a large bowl.
- Add zest and juice of lime to bowl and stir.
- Add vegetable stock to bowl and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill soup in refrigerator and pull out 15 minutes before serving.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.