Grab your favorite bottle of Prosecco and whip up this cherry slushie for the next backyard BBQ or as a cool down drink by the pool.
This frozen cherry prosecco cocktail was the perfect way to cool down after being in the sun all afternoon. This cocktail is impressive enough for any summer gathering or perfect for days lounging by the pool.
It takes no time to make – just remember to pour your prosecco into ice cube trays and put in the freezer the night before and your are set. The cherry simple syrup is so easy and absolutely to die for. I could seriously drink it alone! I save the cherries for this Cherry Butter recipe coming later this week. But you could also, pop the reserved cherries in the freezer for smoothies or a snack later.
Check out more refreshing cocktails here.
Cherry Prosecco SlushieJenna Edmiston
- 1 750 ml bottle of Prosecoo
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cherries
- Pour prosecco into two ice cube trays.
- Place in freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- In a small sauce pan bring water, cherries and sugar to a simmer.
- Gently smash the cherries a bit. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Remove cherries and save for other use.
- Pour syrup into jar and place in fridge until ready to use.
- Once prosecco is frozen place in blender and add all of the simple syrup.
- Blend in pulses a few times until a slushy consistency forms.
- Pour into cups and garnish with fresh cherries.
Jenna Edmiston is the blogger behind www.petitfoodie.com. Here you can find recipes that are healthy, seasonal and delicious. Her food philosophy is all about balance. Living a healthy well-balanced life is everything. You can find out more about Jenna at www.petitfoodie.com and instagram @petitfoodie.