Sprinkled with a confetti of seeds, nuts and herbs, this dish brings life and color into your dinner table. Oozing with flavor, each bite is addictive and scrumptious. The combination of spicy, tangy chimichurri, and creamy, nutty tahini is a match made in heaven few things in life can to.
At the center of this party hails a dish that will put everybody in the right mood. One that is festive, vibrant, and delicious.
One that it unexpected, and very much deserving of your love. I am talking about The Amazing Whole Roasted Cauliflower.
Doused in two of my favorite sauces, Chimichurri and Tahini, this is cauliflower is big, bold, and begging to be admired by all.
- Makes about a cup
- 1 large bunch cilantro (about 3 cups chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp. chili flakes
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 whole cauliflower
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. tahini
- ¼ cup chopped shelled pistachios
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 handful fresh chives
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- Place cilantro and garlic in food processor. Pulse several times until well chopped. Transfer to a separate bowl or jar.
- Add chili flakes, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and sea salt.
- Stir until well incorporated. You can make up to a day in advance!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash cauliflower then trim any exterior leaves.
- Find a pot that is large enough to fit a whole head of cauliflower. Fill it with 4-6 inches of fresh water. Over high heat, bring to a boil.
- Place cauliflower into boiling water. Cook for five minutes.
- Remove from pot and place in a baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife make an 2” deep cut cross across the center of the cauliflower.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from heat.
- Add a heavy drizzle of the Chimichurri over the Cauliflower.
- Drizzle the tahini over the Chimichuri, then sprinkle with pistachios, sesame seeds, chives, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.