Create a stunning cocktail that tastes like a slightly sweet martini topped with an egg white that is fit for a classy party.
For your next classy gathering or the next time you are feeling fancy, you should make it a real event by whipping up one of these Black Tie cocktails. This is basically a slightly sweet martini made with black vodka, Créme de Cassis, and an egg white for a little added drama.
Enjoy with popcorn, potato chips, or fancy two-bite appetizers while sticking your pinky out in a delicate manner.
The Black Tie MartiniRachael White
- 1 1/2 ounces black vodka
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Scant 1/2 ounce Créme de Cassis
- 1 egg white
- Combine all the ingredients except black vodka in a cocktail shaker WITHOUT ice for 10 seconds until frothy.
- Add a few ice cubes and shake until chilled for an additional 10 seconds.
- Strain into a glass and set aside.
- Rinse cocktail shaker and fill with a handful of ice. Add black vodka and shake until chilled.
- Pour the vodka into a chilled martini glass, then pour the frothy egg mixture over the vodka.
Rachael writes recipes for foods that are simple, comforting and delicious. Whether you are cooking for your family or having friends over for dinner and drinks, you’ll find recipes here to fit any occasion. From cocktails to appetizers, desserts and entrees, the recipes you will find here incorporate Rachael's desire for Midwestern comfort food, love of International cuisine, and need for dishes that don’t take hours to make.